If you don’t know what I mean by blanket time…that is when a child sits on a blanket for an amount of time the mother chooses.
Three quick reasons to try this are:
· Blanket time provides an opportunity for a child to learn to entertain themselves.
· Secondly, it gives a break to the child from the stresses that come with interacting with others.
· Lastly, it is a practical way to learn self-control.
Three more reasons for doing blanket time from the mother’s perspective are:
· Blanket time is like carrying a playpen in your purse.
· Secondly, children sitting contentedly on blankets, offers a great setting for reading aloud to them.
· Lastly, using blanket time regularly at home helps provide routine and security to children.
As you can see I am an advocate of blanket time and felt it was truly a gift to me as a mother. Feel free to share your reasons for doing blanket time.